Thread: most of the application not compatible with Kobo Arc

most of the application not compatible with Kobo Arc

I have recently purchased a new Kobo Arc ereader and now I am regretting why I chose this? There are many apps in the Play Store which changes the UI structure of any Android device. I cannot say for sure whether this problem is happening due to device's old age with Android Ice Cream Sandwich fuction or not but soon I am going to leave this ereader which gave me bad user experience services. If I had the information on this ereader before then I would have never bought it on the very first place.

Re: most of the application not compatible with Kobo Arc

There are many alternate store like Aptoid or something else that can load apps on your Kobo Arc successfully. There are some Google Play Store apps that requires GPS or some other things the Arc doesnt have. It might be also possible that you are not in the proper geographical location so it will not install. I was facing the same problem on my android phone where some apps cannot be installed from the store. There are many apps in Google play store for ICS, but still I would recommend you to get the Aptoide installer. Thanks

I have similar problems on my Galaxy Tab that is still running on the old Ice Cream Sandwich operating system. Having Jelly Bean update is not a real solution at all. You must try to get the Aptoide installer instead of the Google Play Store to find all apps that you require. The best part about Aptoide is that it doesnt check for permissions on your device and you can download anything that you want. You can install all the customizable apps on your device without any issues.

The problem is actually with the Google Play store that will not allow the installation of different apps on certain devices if one of the thing in permissions is missing like bluetooth, gps, etc. But in any case, it doesnt matter because you can easily sideload the apps from another source. I have faced this problem a lot of time on my GT 10.1 but I was able to install from elsewhere like Aptoide, Good eReader app store and many more. They are work just fine but not with all the features I suppose.