Thread: Nook apps are continuously redownloading on its own

Nook apps are continuously redownloading on its own

Last month I had purchased a brand new Nook HD ebook reader for myself and it was working great at that time. Downloading apps from Google Play Store was not an issue but recently most of the apps are continuously redownloading on its own in my ereader. Whenever there is an update available for these apps then they will try to update via the Google Play Store. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this annoying problem? Thanks

Re: Nook apps are continuously redownloading on its own

I have many apps in my Nook HD but all are from the Google Play Store and I never asked it for updating as well. I also have some Nook versions of apps like Spotify, Twitter, etc. But once updated with the Google Play version, I never get asked about overwriting the Nook version very often or it might be that I havent noticed that. Also,I have reaad that if you install the new firmware version that was released in August, then your Nook will install very few apps by default.

It seems that you could have installed the Barnes and Noble store version of some of the apps by yourself which doesnt come on HD or HD+ devices by default. If you want to make sure then sign into your account on the Barnes & Noble website. After that on the top of the webpage, click on My Nook. Now on the left side under My Library click on Apps. Just check if Evernote comes up? If yes, then click the delete button under the apps icon. After that delete all instances of the app from your device and download a new copy from the Google Play Store.

There might be some apps like Twitter and Spotify which are preinstalled apps unless you installed a new ROM on your device and wipe out the B&N interface. You can only try to prevent this thing by performing a root mod that are available, like one from leapinlar. He has made a root mod that prevents B&N from updating the device's operating system. It will also not let them to reinstall those apps which are preinstalled. However, its not a big deal to simply click on the message to make it go away.