Thread: Hidden Folders in Kindle Fire HD

Hidden Folders in Kindle Fire HD

I am using a Kindle Fire HD ebook reader from quite some time now. I am on a Windows 8.1 operating system. When connecting this tablet to the pc you all know that we are unable to see all the folders and files since they are hidden. But recently I downloaded some files on my Kindle Fire HD physically and now have very less free space available in my ebook reader. The problem is that when I connect the ereader to my computer then I am not able to find that file? So, does anyone know if there is any hidden folder where this downloaded files are saved? Thanks

Re: Hidden Folders in Kindle Fire HD

I think that the file is not there where you think it is or it might be also possible that the missing space is took by something else rather than the file you have downloaded. I have checked that DRM downloads which used to have long filenames did not had any correllation to the content. I am using the ES File Explorer on my ebook reader that is rooted and I can also choose a file and then select More and then choose Properties which will show my all file size. Try using this app to locate hidden folders.

You can also try to use an application called DiskUsage which will show you where all the files are stored in your device. DiskUsage provides a way to find files and directories on storage card which consume a lot of space. It also displays diagram with directories/subdirectories proportional to their size. Press MENU for actions. You can easily download this app from Google Play Store from this link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.diskusage

Did you try to go into the downloads file? Can you also try to ask this querie to Amazon Kindle support for some help? Usually if you have downloaded a digital download then I wont do it since I know that it can be downloaded to the desktop and thus you can also strip the DRM if you want. I dont know why Amazon does not allow HD downloads to Unbox? Can you try to go to Apps download and then check if the app that looks like a Movie Clapper. After that check if the movie is compatible then it will play for you otherwise do a factory reset to remove it.