Thread: Kindle Paperwhite light is not turning off

Kindle Paperwhite light is not turning off

I am using a 2 years old Kindle Paperwhite ebook reader. It was working normally but yesterday all of a sudden its light is not turning off if I am pressing the sleep button? Before this problem the backlight was turning off but now it isnt? Even when I am closing the cover or pressing the power button the light is not turning off? Is there some kind of bug with this ebook reader? Thanks for any answer.

Re: Kindle Paperwhite light is not turning off

There are many people who have said that the light remains ON for a longer time after the cover is closed. Eitherways, have you tried to perform a hard reset? To do that just hold that power button down for 30 seconds and then the device will reset. Most of the time hard resetting the ebook reader clears up any sort of problem. If still this is not working for you then you can try to contact Kindle Customer Service and then ask for any refunds.

Even I agree that a hard reset usually fixes the issues most of the times. Incase you have a bad battery then there are stuffs which can run it down like for example, if you load a lot of books makes the battery usage more, if you leave the Wifi on or else if a book is stucked in the indexing. I am having a good battery life with my Kindle Paperwhite and it takes a 2-3 hours to charge the battery fully. I think that if you can replace your ebook reader then it will be better.

I think that you do not have to turn your ebook reader off completely. Your eReader will go to sleep itself after some period of time of no activity or else you can even press and release the power button to put it to sleep. Incase the light does not go out when your ereader goes to sleep then you have to restart your device. Simply press and hold power button for 30 seconds to restart your ebook reader. Once the rebooting is done in sometime then it will correct all the issues that you are facing.