Thread: Which microSD card for Sony PRS-T3?

Which microSD card for Sony PRS-T3?

I am looking to purchase a new MicroSD card of 32GB so that I can move all the library onto it and thus avoiding to connect to the computer quite often except for the new purchases. Can anyone tell me whether this is any problem with the SD card instead of internal memory? Will it make the device very slow to go through all the books, turning pages, etc. Any information regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Which microSD card for Sony PRS-T3?

I have found that when we browse a large collection on the E-Ink device, such as the Sony PRS-T3, then it makes the job very inconvenient. You can find many information on this issue on the internet. Sony also doesnt have type-ahead search like Amazon ebook reader have. I usually keep 100-120 books on my Sony ebook reader at a time or else it will take too long to page through the library.

I have read the Sony manual where it says the memory card uses more power or something. I dont know what it means, like whether in general or only while reading a book more power is utilized. I am using an 8GB card with my ereader and it seems to functions just as quick as without the card. But it takes a long time for calibre to load all the things when connecting to a pc. I have more than 1000+ books stored on the memory card.

Well, I have more than 5000+ books stored on a 32gb memory card in my Sony T3 ebook reader and I do not have any problems with it. There is no slowdown that I can notice or problem relatings to applications closing or anything else. It has been several months till now I have been using the 32gb memory card in my ebook reader. I think that 64gb memory card is not supported by the Sony PRS-T3, its max supporting limit is only 32gb.