Thread: Kobo Aura HD supports 64gb memory card?

Kobo Aura HD supports 64gb memory card?

I have recently bought a new Kobo Aura HD ebook reader for myself. Now I was wondering if this ereader supports 64gb MicroSD card or not? I havent got a clear idea about it because one of my friend says that it supports memory upto 64gb but the other one says not. I even tried to search from the internet but cannot find any information related to it. So can anyone tell me whether this large memory card will work in my new ebook reader? Thanks

Re: Kobo Aura HD supports 64gb memory card?

I have found out that the company claims that only 32gb memory card is supported by the ebook reader. But there was one person who said that he got the 64gb memory card working for his ereader but the other one denied the same. I think that this might be because of any software that it was formatted with. You can however try to replace the Aura HD card with a large one and see if that works for you or not.

There are many eReader that work with 32gb microsd card without any issues and they also support the 64gb or higher brands. I think that the 64gb card should be SDXC even though the actual difference is very less. The only problem is that all the SDXC card by should be formatted with ExFAT by default. I dont know if Kobo ebook readers are able to format cards but anyways you will have to format it yourself to what Kobo needs.

There was one guy on other forum who said that his Kobo Aura HD ebook reader was not able to recognize the 64gb microSD card. When he inserted the 64gb card inside his ereader then it gave him an error message that said "card not recognized, reformat in FAT32 format and try again". But when he connected his ebook reader to the computer then the Calibre was able to detect the card but the same was not recognized in the Kobo Aura HD.