Thread: Nook GlowLight eReader freezes all the time

Nook GlowLight eReader freezes all the time

Some time back I had purchased myself a new Nook Glow Light ebook reader. Now it is giving me trouble, this ereader always freezes at random intervals. When it usually freezes then I have to force it to shutdown and then it will go back to the same page it was on when it starts. I dont know if there is any update from Barnes & Noble for this ereader? Can anyone please try to help me? Thank you

Re: Nook GlowLight eReader freezes all the time

Well, have you tried to do a master clear in your ebook reader. To do that go into Settings and then under Device Info you can see an option there to 'Erase and reregister'. If this doesnt work and still you are facing the same problem then it will good that you replace your Nook Glow Light eReader and get a new one. Since the warranty of the device is still not over your ebook reader will be either repaired or replaced by their manufacturer.

I dont know much about the Nook Glow Light but usually I have found that the ebook readers are very delicate and they will crash if you try to download and read any book that they dont like. So, I would first ask you to check the possible book issue and then the device. You can also try to convert your books through calibre and sideload them as well. After doing all this thing solves the problem for you then you have known the root cause of this issue.

Recently, Barnes & Noble is providing a free software update version 1.3.1 for NOOK GlowLight and according to most of the people, this update fixes the freezing problem in the eReader. The software update will be automatically downloaded to devices that are registered and connected to Wi-Fi, beginning March 31st, 2014 and over the coming weeks. If you'd prefer to update your device immediately, the software update is also available via a manual download offered here - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/soft...ght/379004086/