Thread: Irex DR-800 firmware update

Irex DR-800 firmware update

I am using an Irex DR-800 ebook reader for 3-4 months and I am looking for a way to update firmware on this device. I read some where that we have to physically do it by copying files and deleting some old files or so. I have already searched on various websites for any kind of information for the update process but there is none that I could find. Can anyone tell me how should I proceed further then? Thanks

Re: Irex DR-800 firmware update

First of all download the latest RC4 firmware for your Irex DR-800 ebook reader from this link. After that you need to put the contents of the zip files on the SD card in this location - X:\System\update. Note that you will have to extract the zip file to get .bin and .dat files that you need to move to the SD card. Now restart your ereader and then it will automatically update to the latest firmware. Hope that helps you out.

You should also note that before installing the new firmware, your should also keep theIrex DR-800 fully charged. To do that connect this ebook reader to the supplied usb adapter and wait for 60 minutes until the indicator light begins to turn on. Incase the light is off then hold down the on/off switch for 8 seconds in the hard way and then the indicator will light with orange color. Charge the DR-800 for 24 hours and then once the light turns green then it means that the batter is fully charged. Now try to update the firmware comfortably.

The above RC4 firmware version for the iRex DR-800 ereader is an unofficial one but it comes with some features like turning off device. So, once 24 hours is completed then it will automatically turn itself off. It usually does this because it should do a complete restart after that firmware update saving the batter also. You will also notice a good battery life with this new firmware version installed in your ebook reader. Hope this helps.