Thread: How to install Kobo app on Kindle Fire HD?

How to install Kobo app on Kindle Fire HD?

I am using a Kindle Fire HD ebook reader and I am looking to install the latest version of Kobo app on my android device. I have allowed the option for installing applications from unknown sources as well. After that I downloaded some apk file from some different website but when I am trying to install it then my Kindle will not install it. Does anyone know whether the kobo apps are supported in this ereader or not? Thanks

Re: How to install Kobo app on Kindle Fire HD?

I have also noticed the same problem on my friends Kindle Fire HD if he is trying to install from other websites. I think that amazon is using some kind of security in this version of kindle and therefore it is not installing some apps. There is no doubt that the app gets downloaded fine but it will refuse to install. Guess that this device is locked by amazon but the original Kindle Fire used to install the Kobo app properly. This is a very bad case done by amazon.

First of all you need to open Settings panel by pulling down from the top of the screen. After that tap on More and then go down to Device. Now find "Allow Installation of Applications" and turn it on. If you want then you can download the apk files directly from your Kindle Fire HD by clicking on this link here - Nook.apk and Kobo.apk. After you will click on it then you will see a number in the notification bar, just pull it down to check the download when it completes and then tap on it to start the installation.

You need to first of all google for "Kobo app apk free download" and download it on your computer. After that copy this apk file to the Documents folder of your Kindle Fire by connecting it to your computer via USB cable. Now tap on Web on the toolbar and type as below:
    file:////sdcard/documents/kobo.apk

Now tap on Go and you will be asked to install Kobo for android app on your Kindle Fire HD, just select Install and then open. Now sign in to your Kobo account and all the purchased Kobo books will be synced automatically and displayed under the archive.