Thread: Need help to create ebooks on Ubuntu

Need help to create ebooks on Ubuntu

How to create ebooks on Ubuntu. I had tried to find some tools through which I can easily create them, but it looks the open source platform does not has much for this. Most of the tools which I had found were for Windows only. There is a direct ebook creator for Windows, but for Ubuntu there is no such tool. I want to create a ebook and share the same with my friends. But I am unable to get any proper tool that can help me to simply create easy ebooks and upload it on web.

Re: Need help to create ebooks on Ubuntu

Where you want to share them. If this books are for free then you can use Scribd type of websites. They give you option to share free ebooks with your friends. For creating ebooks you can use your office suite and convert the file to pdf.

Creating ebooks on Ubuntu is simple if you are having Libre Office. You will need to create the book in it first. You have to create a proper layout or design in it and then you can convert that to a epub file easily through third party tool. You will require to add Writer2ePub plugin in your system for creating a epub file through the office document. You can use this plugin to convert your existing file format to epub and then you can share. This is the simplest way to share the file. It is right on windows we are having more better and amazing software through which we can create nice featured ebooks. We can add a good amount of content on it.

I had created many ebooks on windows and they are far more easier I think. In windows you have tools like Ultimate Ebook Creator. This is a nice and simple tool through which you can simply create your own ebook and make changes in as per your need.