Thread: "format disk" error after updating firmware on Kobo Aura HD

"format disk" error after updating firmware on Kobo Aura HD

After connecting my Kobo Aura HD to my wifi connection it started to update itself to the latest firmware version. After this update, whenever I am plugging my ebook reader in my pc then I am getting a message that says "You need to format disk" everytime. There is no problem with this device but how do I get rid of this annoying message everytime when I connect it to my pc? Thanks

Re: "format disk" error after updating firmware on Kobo Aura HD

Well, have you tried to do a factory reset on your Kobo Aura HD. It will format everything and then update to the latest verson of the firmware which is available for your ereader. But before that have you tried to test your ebook reader by connecting it to another pc? Just troubleshoot with this method and see what results you get on the other computer.

I read somewhere that this problem was happening with the 2.10 version of the firmware for the Kobo Aura HD ereader. Many customers asked this problem on the Kobo support and they only said that they are working to fix this issue. Its really a shame that they have provided a buggy firmware which isnt any good for the consumers.

I am guessing that there might be some files that are corrupted on your ebook reader. I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest 3.0 version of the firmware for your Kobo Aura HD and check if that solves the issue for you. Simply do a factory reset first which will wipe off all the firmware version to the stock and then start freshly to update to the latest firmware.