Thread: What is new in Kindle PaperWhite new firmware 5.3.8

What is new in Kindle PaperWhite new firmware 5.3.8

As you all know a new firmware upgrade version 5.3.8 is available for Kindle Paperwhite. This update will be downloaded and installed automatically on our Kindle Paperwhite if we activate the wireless connection. If we want we can also manually download the software on our computer and transfer it via USB cable to the device from this link - http://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmware...ndle_5.3.8.bin. The main question that remains is what new features are there in this software update.

re: What is new in Kindle PaperWhite new firmware 5.3.8

There are many performance improvements in this software update generally. It includes, the term used in the search which is highlighted in the search results, like, when we search for a word or phrase in a book, it will be highlighted in the search results. Clicking on the search result to go to that position, is also highlighted in the book page. This is a good feature that is implemented in Kindle Paperwhite.

Re: What is new in Kindle PaperWhite new firmware 5.3.8

After upgrading my Kindle Paperwhite I am not able to select another dictionary while viewing the definition of a word. It is like when you look at the definition of a word in a dictionary then you can now also select another dictionary in this device from the same definition box. This feature was been asked from many of us and its time now to enjoy it.

Re: What is new in Kindle PaperWhite new firmware 5.3.8

If you have more than one dictionary then definitely this feature is great. I was just wondering it is works with all of the reading application that support Kindle Fire HD 8? Will the text search able to ignore the soft hyphens and find the text? Maybe after doing a jailbreak it would work properly or else we will have to rely on newer firmware.