Thread: communication error with Kobo Glo ereader

communication error with Kobo Glo ereader

I have got myself a Kobo Glo eReader and if I am trying to add book to it with the help of Calibre then I get some error message that says "error communicating with device." I have tried to reset the device many times and updated the calibre to the latest version too but it still gives me the same error? Is there any solution for this issue? Thanks.

Re: communication error with Kobo Glo ereader

It seems to me that the database in your ebook reader is messed up. Can you try to log out from your Kobo account on your Kobo Glo and the log back in and see if that solves the issue. By doing this, the database in your ereader will be rebuild and also the Kobo content will need to be redownloaded to the device and then it should work normally.

This problem occurs many time. What I do is I always eject the ebook reader via Calibre or via the Windows utility but again I still get the corrupt database on this ereader. Now updating the reader has freezed it and I am also having problems with a factory reset. Its really a pain to rebuild the database everytime because it simply wipes all the settings we have done.

I was having the same problem and to solve this issue I had to do a full factory reset. So to do this you just need to hold the power button ON for 20 seconds and ensure that it is turned off. After that all the lights at the top must be off. Now press the Hold and light button after turning on your ebook reader. It will then put you into factory reset and after it is finished, your problem will be solved.