Thread: Kindle Paperwhite extra Dictionaries

Kindle Paperwhite extra Dictionaries

I have recently purchased a Kindle Paperwhite and I am very satisfied with it. The only problem that I am facing with it that it has limited language support. I want to add different dictionary that are available in various languages. When I asked Amazon support then they were not of much help. Can anyone tell me how to find or add or create a dictionary in other languages on this ebook reader? Thanks.

Re: Kindle Paperwhite extra Dictionaries

You will not be able to order your Kindle with other dictionaries but you maybe able to install your own dictionaries as soon as you get your kindle ebook reader. There are many standard Mobipocket dictionary that can do this job. You might have to strip it from DRM, which is copy protected, which is not a hard method at all. After that you need to add it to Kindle and define it as the new standard dictionary.

The Kindle PaperWhite is the most advanced ebook reader for dictionary support that I have seen comparing other ereaders. This is the only Ereader that I know of which is capable of doing translations of entire English or non-english sentences and Wikipedia look-up on the fly. There is way to add additional foreign language dictionaries if the metadata is properly configured.

There are many foreign language dictionaries stored in your Kindle Library in your ebook reader are your Amazon account that includes Spanish, French, and Portuguese. You can easily get any of these dictionaries in your Kindle Paperwhite. After you change the language, the same language dictionary becoems the default.