Thread: Onyx Boox M92 eReader frozen

Onyx Boox M92 eReader frozen

I have got a Onyx Boox M92 ebook reader with me and it was wroking great. But after when I did the software update and left this ereader on charge, I noticed after some time that it is not responding at all. It is just hanged on a screen showing a list of PDFs on the SD card. Now I dont know what should I do to solve this problem? Does anyone who has faced similar problem can tell me a solution for this issue? Thanks.

Re: Onyx Boox M92 eReader frozen

Did you try to perform a Reset of the ebook reader that you have? There might be a small hole at the backside of the device, use a pin to push this button and then this device will be reseted. If this doesnt work then you have to start the ereader with both power button and volume pressed together. It might be able to activate the hard reset for this device.

Can you try to use a different Wall charger and see if that works. Also try to connect it to computer via USB cable and see if you get any life out of your ebook reader. If nothing is working for you then consider replacing the ereader because it might be still under warrranty and since no physical damage is done you will get a replacement for your ebook reader.

Well, can you try to use an older firmware for Onyx Boox M92 and see if that works. I usually update my eReaders by connecting it to the pc via usb cable. You can try to put the old firmware on the SD card that you are using in the eReader and even if the device is in frozen state, you can still load the firmware by resetting and following the above boot process given in the previous replies.