Thread: Does NOOK Simple Touch eReader support Chinese fonts

Does NOOK Simple Touch eReader support Chinese fonts

I am using a NOOK Simple Touch eReader for quite some time now and it is working fine. But there are some fonts of different languages that I want to try on this ebook reader. So, is it possible to read Chinese language on Nook touch? Will the Nook touch be able to support the Chinese fonts without any problems and how fine it will look on this reader? Thanks for any information.

Re: Does NOOK Simple Touch eReader support Chinese fonts

I dont think Chinese fonts are supported in default fonts of Nook Ereader. Although I have heard that it can embed fonts and will be able to display these kind of fonts when you will turn on the Publisher Defaults option. The issue with this option is that many of the books that you will get on your EReader will wind up with zero width line spacing and therefore it will look bad in any language.

I was also searching on google for installing the Chinese fonts on this ebook reader. Even after rooting this NOOK Simple Touch eReader, I was not able to read the Chinese books on it. So after some R&D I found out that you would be able to add it with the help of CSS using Calibre. It is also posible that some of the problematic books will not use embedded fonts or so.

To install Chinese fonts in your NOOK Simple Touch eReader, first of all root your ebook reader. After that install Root Explorer and then copy the "msyh.ttf" file to the "system/fonts/. You will be be able to download "msyh.ttf" by searching it on google. After that go to "system/fonts/" folder under root explorer and then just pick a system font, like "GillSans.ttf" and rename it. Now try to rename the "msyh.ttf" file to the file that you have just changed and then you are done.