Thread: Kobo desktop app is very slow

Kobo desktop app is very slow

I just newly bought a new ebook and it installed the new desktop app automatically. The problem that I am facing now is that it runs very slowly and whenever I am looking to buy books, then it cannot be completed and I wont be able to buy the books. I have already removed and reinstalled it but it will still run very slowly and take ages to register anything. In the end I just have to manually end the task to stop it. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks.

Re: Kobo desktop app is very slow

Are you using the Kobo desktop app version 1.7, if yes, then let me tell you that it actually tries to use a proxy server whenever trying to go online and hence it looks to be very slow trying to find the server connection. Try to download the latest version or the old verion which will have this option by default at off status.

Have you tried to press this keys Control+Shift+P when you are in the library to switch from the proxy server features? Just give it a try and check if the connection gets faster. Or otherwise use the older version which is free from this hassles. It would have been better if this feature was not implemented in the very first case.

The problem that you are facing only occurs if you are trying to use the Kobo desktop edition app without the reader connected. After you connect the Kobo ebook reader to the usb port slot then it will start to work fine. Or you can try to purchase the books from the official Kobo website itself and ignore the Desktop app completely which is useless.