Thread: Pin Interest type of application for Kindle

Pin Interest type of application for Kindle

I am having a Kindle with me that I use to read newspapers. I came through an application recently which offers me option to read some of the most interesting things anytime I want. It is a web based app. Now I need something for Kindle that can help me to mark important news and text from ebooks and then read them later on at one place. I tried searching them but not able to find anything. Is there any app available which works in Kindle directly. I am having lots of ebooks also. I cannot just keep on noting down the page numbers.

Re: Pin Interest type of application for Kindle

You are looking for read it later type app. Kindle has that feature. But is web based. You can use that through Google Chrome. There two apps. The first on is Send To and the second one is Pocket. It just keeps the articles which you want to read later on at one place.

The best application for that work is Instapaper. I found this on web, when I was testing some read it later application. Instapaper works on Kindle directly. It is not a web based application. It offers you to get a easy readability option on your kindle. It works on blogs, newspaper, magazine, ebooks, etc. You can just mark the part which you want read later on and done. Everything remains at one place only. It save ample of web pages and text and offer you a full size layout. It works well with mobile phone also. The app mostly target reading here. So it is designed with some ebook features also. Whatever you mark in the application lies in your device. There is no need of internet later on. It saves the web pages in it. It offers you option to adjust the font size so that you can improve your reading. A dark mode is also available through which you can simply read in night. If there are lots of article then you can organize them in the form of different folders. This avoids confusion.

I found instapaper a very basic application. It is just like some other bookmarking app. I was looking for some more new options in the same. But it is just giving the reference of links which I am reading. It does not looks really effective in terms of usage.

Whatever read it later app you will find is based on bookmarking. For kindle there are limit apps but if you go android then you can find more alternative there. Android has higher number of applications which offers you future reading support and works really well. Pin Interest just allows you to keep a track of your favorite article. But if it is not installed on a website then you can never read it. A similar application which I am using in Firefox is Pocket. It comes on various platforms. The app offers once click option to save the bookmark and read that later on. Through this you can save pages and simply sync the list on all different systems. Just try to test the same in your web browser. I think you will like this.