Thread: What points should I keep in mind before buying a e-Book reader

What points should I keep in mind before buying a e-Book reader

I want to gift a ebook reader to my cousin. I had seen Kindle as one of the best one in the market. But there are other models too which have more advance features here. I am looking for some option here by which I can purchase a ebook reader model which is good enough for studying purpose. There must be wifi features and other additional options. I am hoping to go for an android ebook reader, but I do not want to gift a device that would waste kids time in playing games and web surfing. It must be only for study purpose.

Re: What points should I keep in mind before buying a e-Book reader

For that I think the classic edition of Kindle is really cool. It is an nice ebook reader that offers you simple reading solution with wifi and sim feature also. There are different variation available in the model that would help you to choose on the basis of your requirements.

The most important aspect here is comfortable reading. Ample of e-book readers do not offer an LCD like display. But they are built with some digital ink or e-ink technology which gives a more darker screen in terms of reading. Here you must check the brightness. The back-light of some screens may be not good for the eyes while the e-ink reflects light like an regular paper. So that makes it very easy to read. You must look for an device which his more comfortable for reading. You can visit your nearest tech shop and look for different set of models that offer you various features and output. Kindle Fire is one of the best models in the market. It has android and it has a bit extra feature compare to class or regular ebook reader. You must simply checkout the features and see what output you are getting. I hope you would be able to find out what actually you are looking for. There are ample of websites on the web that publish a good comparison among different kind of devices.

I will recommend you to check for a device that supports various type of file formats. There are some ebook reader in the market which comes with limitation of file format. Like some reads only epub or pdf. So you must look that can read everything with various languages and images. And instead of black and white it must be color screen.

According to me the most important thing that matters here is the screen size. This simply affects reading comfort and if that is not proper and the constant reading on the same is a bit difficult. You can find a regular size of 5 inches screen but there are models that are bigger than 6 inches screen. So the larger screen you have the more comfortably you can read and access your files. Another important thing matters here is the type of connectivity it offers. Some offers you sim connection while some offers you wifi with usb port. Due to common connectivity standards it is more easier to transfers book in them and read the same. Also the weight here matters a lot. If you have a heavy ebook reader then you cannot read the same simply and will keep on facing problem. So better check for al lightweight ebook reader which will be more easier for you to carry. It is quiet recommended that you must simply check properly everything choose a set of models and then post here. That will be more easier to pick from many. Or else there are costly models also and budget models also which will confuse you a lot.

Why don't you go for a tablet pc. I think that is quiet more recommended. If you go for a tablet pc then you can simply have additional benefits on it. You can have android platform, you can install a set of different applications and you can do lot more things here.

My friends have iPad here. Some of them also has Galaxy Tab. But compare to a ebook reader a tablet is more different. Ebooks are mostly designed for reading purpose while Tablets are bit different. You can try to find some device models which can give you more additional features. Like a simple keyboard support so that you can also take notes. Just do not consider reading as your only point. Also the screen must be smooth enough to turn pages or and surf the web or navigate through menus or files.There must be multimedia playback option available that can allow you to listen to your favorite music. One point is well mentioned above is to buy a device that support different kind of file format. Because if that is not provided then you have convert a files into different set of files and then transfer them. Which will make your job a bit more complicated.