Thread: Desktop Tool to publish and create Ebooks

Desktop Tool to publish and create Ebooks

Which is the best tool that I can use for Ebook publishing. I am using Desktop Author rightnow. This tool allow me to simply create my own ebook with ample of visual effects. I can add videos and sounds also on the same. But somehow it looks a bit complicated. Because ebook does not supports dynamic content. I am looking for some decent tool that can help me to instantly create ebooks and publish them from my desktop. A complete pack of suite. Is there any tool available.

Re: Desktop Tool to publish and create Ebooks

Why don't you simple create your ebooks using Microsoft Word and then save them in pdf file. You can then upload them online on any popular ebooks website. That is the best way I think. I had recently shared some documents via this process. Because rich text editor like Microsoft Word offers ample of option to customize the text, arrange them, insert images and even apply shapes. So that works simply more better. While to save it in pdf you just need to add a tiny plugin that's all.

Look for Smashwords. It is one of the most widely used ebook tool available on the web. It is not a desktop tool but an kind of package that can help you to publish your ebooks instantly on the web. You just need to upload the ebook in the form of .doc file on Smashwords. That's all. The ebook is then lived on the site. It works really nice and has ample of features that you are looking for publishing purpose. I think you must try the same and then check out how it works.

There are many tools and they work offline. Looks like eBook Maestro, eBooks Compiler and Ebook Maker are some of the best available. The tools offers you a nice way of creating books and then publishing the same on web. The tool offers a simple way of creating ebook and then updating the same on web. It offers online and offline publishing also. Desktop Author is one of the best tool for creating ebooks and then publishing on the web.