Thread: Best book for learning Ruby on Rails

Best book for learning Ruby on Rails

Which is the best ebook available for learning Ruby on Rails. I am trying to find out but there are tons of books available on the web and it is complicated to choose from. I had just started learning Ruby on Rails here and somehow there is a issue with finding the right book that can give information from scratch and then to advance sections. I am willing to buy also. So it does not really matter if those ebooks are free or not. I am need some help here. Please provide me the reference of best ebooks.

Re: Best book for learning Ruby on Rails

Try Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce: From Novice to Professional. This is a beginners guide that can tell you about learning Ruby on Rails. It will give you ample of information on how to begin with Ruby. It is a advance framework that allows you to create rich eCommerce applications. It is great for beginning and then you can simply move ahead with more advance books with ample of information. I will also advice you to find some video guide on learning Ruby.

There are two book that I will suggest you here. Because for getting beginners lesson you can simply find ample of resources. But after that you will need books that will guide you to go with professional approach while using Ruby on Rails. The name of book is Professional Ruby on Rails by Noel Rappin. It is nice book that has ample of information on understanding Ruby structure and creating a rich website on the same. There are some free ebooks that give you beginners lesson that you can try.

I think you can find those books on Google Ebook Search. I think there are ample of books available that can help you in learning Ruby. It is a bit complicated framework to understand it deeply but it is great. Its rich application help you to deal with advance options to create a great eCommerce website. There are ample of books, but it essential that you must learn it from source and understand each and everything one by one. After that it will take some amount of experiences to make yourself better in it.

There is a single book called as Ruby On Rails Bible by Timothy Fisher. It is a complete Ruby reference books that covers everything. It has beginners to advance knowledge about understanding the framework completely. It is a nice book and not at all complicated to understand. While later on once you complete this, you can simply go for more books to find ready to use solutions for the framework. It is more important to understand what is going out in the market.