Thread: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" battery life

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" battery life

I have checked out Kindle Fire HD 8.9" and I am quite satisfied with the specification it is delivering. However, before getting it I want to confirm its battery life from someone who might be using it or might have an idea about it. I don’t know why they have not mentioned in its specification.

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8.9" battery life

I guess its 8 hours, not so sure about it but I have read in some reviews. Logically Kindle Fire HD 7" has 11 hours of battery life. So Kindle Fire HD 8.9" will surely have less battery life if they might have used 4400 mAh battery. Even I am not able to find any information regarding its battery for now but will surely let you know as soon as I get any update on it, God knows why amazon hasn’t mentioned battery type and life. Hope they won’t disappoint users who might have preordered it.

Logically you seem correct elander but what if they might have used more power battery compared to Kindle Fire HD 7" 4400 mAh battery??? I think they might have used a powerful battery considering 8.9" screen size. I guess we will have to wait until amazom sheds some light on battery details. There are many Kindle Fire HD 8.9" reviews all over the web claiming it to have better battery life compared to Kindle Fire HD 7" but I really don’t trust them until they are addressed officially somewhere.
    Wishlist: Nothing.

I think a better idea will be contacting amazon and asking about it. Some people have already contacted them and have mentioned that it has 10 hr battery life. Anyways you can cross check the same thing if you want. If it is actually 10 hours than I think it’s enough as per the size of the Kindle, don’t you???

I do, actually I had decided to get Kindle Fire HD 7" as there’s not much difference between the devices as per my use but today one of my friend told me that Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is having better battery life compared to Kindle Fire HD 7. So hearing that I changed my mind to get Fire HD 8.9, I want more battery life that’s it. I thought information regarding its battery might be mentioned in its specification but it’s not. Currently I am quite confused between both and that’s the reason I have opened a thread here for the confirmation. I had contacted amazon and they told me that it will be between 8 to 10 hrs, they were not specific so I guess it’s 8.

I am looking after an answer for the same thing, I was willing to preorder Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 16 GB but now I have turned up my mind to get it later. I mean until battery details are shared.