Thread: Kindle Paperwhite freezes while reading book

Kindle Paperwhite freezes while reading book

I have bought a kindle Paperwhite recently, it has just been a week and it has started freezing while reading book. It worked well for a week, don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly. Now a day I have found that after one hour of reading it starts freezing. When it gets freeze I am not able to turn pages or do anything, I have to restart it to get things back to normal but it again does the same thing after an hour. Can there be any issue with my kindle??

Re: Kindle Paperwhite freezes while reading book

It’s hard to guess the cause of this issue, anyways I want ask you something’s to understand your problem better. Is your Kindle Paperwhite getting freeze on any particular book or it does the same thing for all books that you read??? Have you found your Paperwhite getting overheated or something like that??? Just check out for the things I have asked for and post back for further help.
    xp1800 overclocked to 2.4ghz
    an35n-400u mobo
    256mb of adata ddr500
    maxtor dimondmax8 40gb 7200rpm
    geforce4 ti4400
    52x32x52x16 cd-rw/dvd combo
    Tt 420watt psu

It does the same thing for all books I read, freezing issue is not specific to any ebook. My Kindle Paperwhite doesn’t get overheated, its temperature stays normal. It works fine for the very first hour but freezing occurs after that. I have tried rebooting it quite a few times thinking that it might make some difference but no luck. Does this issue seem to be because of hardware fault?? I am running out of ideas and I can’t think of anything else that might help. Just let me know if there is anything I can do about it rather than getting it checked from the store ive bought it???

Have you tried resetting your Paperwhite? If not than give that a try and check out if It’s helping. You just have to select Menu from Home screen > Settings > Menu > Reset Device.
    Note – Resetting will de-registers your device and will wipe out all downloaded content from your device. So make sure that you are backing it up before resetting and registering it after resetting.

I have tried resetting my kindle Paperwhite but I don’t see any improvement. I can reproduce the same issue easily. I have chatted about this with some of my friends and they have simply suggested me to replace it saying there might be a hardware issue. I don’t think there might be a hardware issue as it is working fine for an hour without any issue as such.
    I will be getting it checked this weekend but until than if there is anything that I might try out to fix this than please let me know, thanks in advance.

I don’t have a kindle Paperwhite and I haven’t used it by now. However I am aware that there are firmware upgrades for Kindle products. So keeping that in mind I will suggest you to upgrade firmware of your kindle Paperwhite to the latest available and check out if it makes any difference. If you don’t get any help from that than you can get your kindle checked from its nearest service center.