Thread: Should I cancel my order for Kindle PaperWhite?

Should I cancel my order for Kindle PaperWhite?

I have ordered a Kindle PaperWhite recently and after making the order, I started reading various reviews on various sources. Many of the reviews were negative saying that the backlight of this eBook reader is bad and so on. After reading these reviews, I started to thin if I didn’t make any mistake of ordering this eBook reader. Has anyone used this eBook reader who can tell me about it so that I cancel the order?

Re: Should I cancel my order for Kindle PaperWhite?

Yes, the Kindle PaperWhite is not as good as other eBook readers manufactured by Amazon. This eBook reader is not so great when compared with Kindle Fire and Kindle 3. The first thing that I hated about Kindle PaperWhite is its battery life. It is so low and to add to it, they have given in-built light to it. So you cannot use this eBook reader for long time reading in dark areas. The battery will get exhausted with lights turned on in approximately two hours. If you have charging point nearby, then you will have to keep it connected all the time.

I used Kindle PaperWhite to download the eBooks from market and I found that the experience of downloading was totally bad for me. You are allowed to download only one eBook at a time. You cannot select multiple eBooks and let them get downloaded one after the other. This becomes problematic if you need to download more than one eBook at a time. You have to take a look at the screen every five to ten to see if the downloads that you had started is completed or not. I think that this will not go well with the users of Kindle PaperWhite.

I think the newly introduced 5 way touch in Kindle PaperWhite is very bad. This feature has made the navigation in the menu much more complicated than before. You have to go deep in the menus and options to locate a single file. This type of navigation was good in smartphones as we need to browse for various apps and stuff. Also it helps to categories the options, apps and other stuff properly in smartphones. But when used in the Kindle PaperWhite, it doesn’t bear the same results. It actually makes the navigation difficult. I hope this feature is removed as soon as possible.

Talking about the poor battery life and the backlight consuming battery, I think it is true. I prefer to buy a Kindle eBook reader without this feature and then get an eBook reader holder with inbuilt light in it. I think that it will help to save the battery of the eBook reader as well as keep working for long period. People who think that the navigation process of the Kindle PaperWhite has been made complex, let me tell you that it helps to sort the objects easy. So if you are an kind of reader who wants to make separate sections for ever category like fiction, non-fiction, biography and so on, this 5 way navigation is the best.

I think that Kindle PaperWhite has the best page turning effect that I have ever seen in any eBook reader. According to me the main reason can be that the touch screen is of great quality. Just a mere flick of finger on the screen and the page is turned around smoothly. Also the physical buttons provided on the body of Kindle PaperWhite are good. They respond properly and quickly and turn page with the same effect as the page turn using touch screen. I haven’t tried using Kindle PaperWhite with more than 10 eBooks. I hope that this page turning remains good even when the eBook reader is filled with many eBooks.

The screen used in Kindle PaperWhite is the best feature about this eBook reader. I mean the developers have switched from the IR screen to Capacitive touch. This improvement has ensured that the page is not turned due to accidental touches while reading. I think this will help many users who have either big hands or longer fingers and who are irritated by accidental page turns. I saw the gray colored model of Kindle PaperWhite and I think it looked great.

Why are you in so much hurry to cancel the order of Kindle PaperWhite that you have ordered. Maybe this eBook reader has some drawbacks like less battery time or so. But it might also have some positive points. If you cancel the order now, you will lose some money. Instead you can get the eBook reader, use it for yourself and check out the reading experience as well. Maybe you will like it and think of keeping the eBook reader. Also just by reading some negative comments and posts of certain people you can’t decide if the product is bad or good. After you get it and if you don’t like it, you can always sell it away on eBay or maybe to some of your friends or relative.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Maybe you will like it and think of keeping the eBook reader. Also just be reading some negative comments and posts of certain people you can’t decide if the product is bad or good.
    I too agree with this point. You shouldn’t decide if product is good or bad because someone says so. You can try it first and then decide if it’s good or bad. Also developers of Kindle keep rolling out various updates and firmwares for their products. So maybe Kindle PaperWhite must be having certain problems as being said by other users. But I am sure that developers will release new firmwares and updates that will help us solve these problems for sure.