Thread: Laser EB720 eBook reader problems

Laser EB720 eBook reader problems

I am planning to get myself a new eBook reader after my previous one broke. I was planning to buy Laser EB720 eBook reader, but the vendor said that I shouldn’t buy it as it faces many problems. He didn’t mention what the problems were and continued with showing other eBook readers. I want to know, if Laser EB720 eBook reader really has any problems then what they are. Has anyone used it to tell me about the problems?

Re: Laser EB720 eBook reader problems

Yes, the person at the store where you went to buy the eBook reader is right; Laser EB720 eBook reader faces some problems that cannot be ignored. Almost every eBook reader has some problems in it, but these problems do not come in between the working or reading experience of reader. You cannot bookmark pages in Laser EB720 eBook reader. I mean there is a feature to bookmark or save the last read pages, but it doesn’t work properly. I don’t know what the problem can be, but this problem seriously makes the reading experience boring.

Yes, I too found the problem of missing page bookmarks and page links very irritating. Every time you start the Laser EB720 eBook reader and click on the saved page link in it, it just takes us on the first page of the eBook again. I think this problem will really bother the reader who is reading a book which will have a lot many page. Just image a person having to turn 500 pages before reaching the exact page where he last finished reading. This will obviously ruin his mood to read the book. I think that this is the major problem that needs to be fixed by the developers urgently.

Another problem that I found in Laser EB720 eBook reader is that the book library in this eBook reader won’t update itself automatically. Once you add any eBook to the library of this eBook reader, you won’t find it on the list. If you try to open it from the library, it won’t just open. You will need to manually update the library after which you find the eBook in the list. You will then be able to read the eBook from the reader. This problem is also irritating and creates lot of trouble when you have transferred a big amount of eBooks in your Laser EB720 eBook reader.

Laser EB720 eBook reader also suffers from problems related to the footnotes. The feature of adding the footnote doesn’t work properly. You cannot add the footnotes which creates a huge problem when reading eBooks that deals with the history. In the History eBooks, usually we have to make notes for the dates and the events. But because the footnotes cannot be saved, it creates a problem due to which we have to turn every page to find the relation of some historic person with another. If you are the type of person who needs to add lot of footnotes, then avoid Laser EB720 eBook reader.

For the problem where the eBooks are not updated automatically by the Laser EB720 eBook reader, I’d say that you can just reset the eBook reader so that it scans the library again on startup. This will get the new eBook to be included in the library and then you can find it easily. There are many other minor problems with the Laser EB720 eBook reader which can be ignored as they don’t do much harm. But if you need eBook reader for just occasional use, then Laser EB720 eBook reader is good for you. With a good quality display and acceptance of multiple formats, it proves to be one of the best eBook reader available right now.

I used my girlfriend’s Laser EB720 eBook reader and I found it good for use. Though it is not of the Kindle’s level or quality, but it can be useful sometimes. I didn’t notice the problems existing in it and it was great. I don’t know much about the developers but I think that they might release the new firmware for this reader which would help us to rectify some of the errors found in it. I think that it should be done soon so that people don’t just blacklist this eBook reader as a faulty one.