Thread: Download firmware of Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader

Download firmware of Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader

I recently read that there has been a release of new firmware for Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader. I am using the same eBook reader and I too want to get the firmware updated. But before I do it, I had some doubts in my mind. What development or improvements have been introduced by the developers of Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader have introduced in this new firmware? Also is the update worth it?

Re: Download firmware of Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader

The new firmware for Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader is literally useless and I think that you should not waste time on updating it. It does nothing for the Wi-Fi connectivity, Web Browser, video and audio player. Also it will make the gravity sensor and the accelerometer work more slowly. There will be many versions of the firmware available, official as well as un-official. So see to it that you are installing the proper version of the firmware in your Augen ‘The Book’ eBook Reader, if you want. The only thing worth in this new firmware according to me is the Adobe DRM update.

If you take a look at the instructions that are provided along with the firmware that tell us how to install it and update your eBook reader, then let me tell you that these instructions are completely useless. You will also need the drivers for Windows to get the eBook reader operational on your computer. Also let me tell you that the process of updating the firmware is very slow and thus you need to be very patient while doing it. Sometimes you might get results as not responding and so on in Task Manager, but its fine as it will start working again.

It is also preferable to make the backup of all the data in your eBook reader. The firmware update might erase the data from your eBook reader which won’t be able to be retrieved in any way. This update will reset you phone in such a way that it will be restored to defaults. One thing I am sure about this new update is that there is no problem in it that will stop you from updating same firmware on same device multiple times.

This new firmware that you have been talking about is awful. It will make the page turning very irritating. The page turn becomes jerky and will take lot of time to be completed. Another problem is that the developers haven’t fixed the working of joystick of this reader with the gravity sensors. When Augen ‘The Book’ is held in portrait position, the joystick will have right key to turn to next page and left key to turn to previous page. But when you turn the eBook reader in landscape mode, the joystick doesn’t change its controls but sticks to old one itself. I think that this is really bad and needed to be changed.