Thread: Unable to access microSD card of Vivid brand eBook reader

Unable to access microSD card of Vivid brand eBook reader

I recently got a Vivid brand eBook reader as a gift from my sister on my birthday. I started it and read one of the in-built content. Now I wanted to get my favorite eBook in it and so I tried copying it from my PC to its microSD card. But when I connected the Vivid brand eBook reader to PC using the microUSB, it failed to get detected in the PC. There was no external drive being shown in My Computer which would suggest me that connection between PC and the eBook reader has been established. Can someone tell me what the problem can be here?

Re: Unable to access microSD card of Vivid brand eBook reader

Vivid brand eBook reader must not be able to connect to PC when it is turned on. This happens in case of many other devices including mobile phones. I suggest you to switch off the eBook reader and then try connecting it to the PC. I think this will help. This happens usually because some processes in the eBook reader are already accessing the memory storage in it. If any other device tries to access it, the eBook reader doesn’t allow that. I think that this is the case with your Vivid brand eBook reader. If this doesn’t work then you can use a microSD card reader to transfer data in the microSD card from your computer.

Re: Unable to access microSD card of Vivid brand eBook reader

I think that this problem can be related to the firmware used in Vivid brand eBook reader. I suggest that you contact the customer care centre of this eBook reader and ask them about the problem that you are not being able to connect it with your PC. In the meanwhile you may also have to wait for a new version of firmware to be released before you can connect it to the PC properly and transfer data in the memory card.