Thread: After upgrading Pandigital eReader, it is not working

After upgrading Pandigital eReader, it is not working

I have a Pandigital eReader with me which I use to read eBooks while travelling to my office Last night when I connected it to PC, I got a message saying that new upgrades are available for this eReader. So I downloaded them and it asked me to reboot the Pandigital eReader. So I restarted and now the eReader is stuck on some warning screen without completely shutting down or properly starting up. I can access the files in it from my computer. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this eReader?

Re: After upgrading Pandigital eReader, it is not working

Maybe the firmware or the update that you downloaded for your Pandigital eReader is corrupt which must be causing this problem in the eReader you have. I suggest that you re-download the update and again try to install it. Maybe the download was interrupted whole in process leading to this problem in the Pandigital eReader you have. Another common reason for such problems happens because of existence of corrupted data storage sector ion the memory space of the device. This happens because of the conflict between some files from new update and old operating system in the eReader.

I suggest you to take it to the nearby service centre or contact the respective person who is working with Pandigital for technical support. The depth of the problem cannot be measured by just seeing a warning sign. Maybe some critical error has hit the Pandigital eReader and only the people at the service centre might be able to solve this problem. So it is my suggestion to get you eReader repaired from some authorized customer care centre or service centre.

I think I know the reason for the problem. The updates that are available for Pandigital eReader are developed such that they need to have completely empty eReader to install the updates. As you mentioned that you started the update in the same condition your Pandigital eReader was before starting the process. This means that you had some eBooks stored in it. I suggest you to connect the eReader to the computer and take back up of all the files in it. Then delete everything and clear the memory. Once done, then try updating it again. I am sure it will be successful this time.