Thread: Kobo eReader screen broken, help

Kobo eReader screen broken, help

Its been just 8 days now i received my brand new Kobo touch eReader and its damaged now . Today morning when i woke up, it was just on a table beside me, i tried to pickup and it felt. Unfortunately it felt on the screen's side and screen broken into 2 parts. There is a strong scratch on the screen vertically like we see on broken mirrors. Now am unable to think what i should do. Should i get it repaired from local hardware shop or will Kobo consider it under warranty ? Can i send it to Kobo guys for repair ? No matter if they charge me for the same. Please help.

Re: Kobo eReader screen broken, help

Well as it is new, i would like to suggest you to simply send it back to Kobo service center instead of fixing it yourself or getting it done by any local shop. Am not sure whether they will consider broken screen under warranty, very less chances, but it is better to get repair any device from officials only.

They will charge you little bit but it is good compared to local shop. You just need to send a copy of your invoice bill along with the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alfa View Post
    Well as it is new, i would like to suggest you to simply send it back to Kobo service center instead of fixing it yourself or getting it done by any local shop. Am not sure whether they will consider broken screen under warranty, very less chances, but it is better to get repair any device from officials only.
    Thanks for the info buddy, but i have a problem here. I tried to find out my receipt (invoice) of this device but seems like i lost it. Now what ? Will they accept it without the invoice ? Or is there any other alternative way ? Please help.

Dont worry mate. They dont actually need the invoice (specially when you communicate with them via email). I have been this issue couple of months ago with one of the kobo reader. It was gifted to me by one of my fried, hence i wasn't having its bill or invoice. I called their customer care for the screen fix and they just asked me the Kobo serial number. That was enough for them. If they need, they will just ask your name and address with the serial key, Thats it. Do, go ahead and send it back to them without invoice copy