Thread: How to unsubscribe from Kindle Special Offers?

How to unsubscribe from Kindle Special Offers?

I recently purchased a Kindle Fire and got the order two days back. I opened the box and started it for the first time. After starting the Kindle and after proper loading took place, I was scared as I found a caterpillar on screen of my Kindle. I just threw it away and ran towards my brother. He opened the box to find that it was just advertisement. It was so silly of me to be scared. On watching the advertisement closely, it was just sushi stacked on each other. The manner in which they were stacked it gave an illusion of being a caterpillar as shown in image I have posted below. Anyways, I have been getting these advertisements for Kindle Special offers recently. They are irritating as while reading they appear and break the flow of the story. Most of the advertisements aren’t even useful for me and I have to read them forcefully. I wanted to know how to unsubscribe the Kindle Special Offers permanently, can someone tell me about it?

Re: How to unsubscribe from Kindle Special Offers?

It is funny to know that you misunderstood stack of sushi as a caterpillar. But on other side, I too hate the advertisements for Kindle Special offers. They keep popping up between the reading times and disturb me. I too searched on Amazon’s website and found that these irritating advertisements can be disabled by paying some amount of money. The Kindle that we purchased was available at subsidized price and that is why we were getting these advertisements. There is another Kindle where we have to pay more price doesn’t have these advertisements. So the equation is one and the same. Pay full price or get irritating advertisements. They will be stopped when you pay amount equivalent to remaining balance price between the two versions.

Re: How to unsubscribe from Kindle Special Offers?

I know how irritating these advertisements are and thus developers of Kindle have given option in its settings to disable these advertisements. In settings, find Manage your devices settings section. In this section you can find an option to locate your device. Once your device is selected, you can view options that are available for selected device. Here you will find Special Offers column which you need to edit for terminating the advertisements from Kindle. You will find some instructions that you need to follow and pay the required money. The payment will not be made immediately; neither the advertisement will be disabled. You will have to turn on the wireless connection of your Kindle. So next time you will connect it online, the transaction will be made and the advertisements will be gone.