Thread: which is the best book for Network Troubleshooting

which is the best book for Network Troubleshooting

I am studying about network engineering. I use many books but none of them were not sufficient for providing good information. I want to a best book which provides me all information regarding the networking and its troubleshooting. SO I request to all of you if anyone have the best book or have knowledge of the best book then please reply me and it is also good if you suggest me prize of the books .

Re: which is the best book for Network Troubleshooting

There are so many books available in market. I am also a network engineer; when I was in collage that time I use sams teach yourself networking troubleshooting in 24 hour. According to my experience this book is best book because this book is completely based on the all practical knowledge it provides the all diagnostic techniques and tips for the professional network administrator. And it also emphasizes the fixing of the application and devices such as printer, router and servers.

In my suggestion if you are the student then you have to take your syllabus and search all the contain in book , which book is having a more contain from your syllabus then that book is best for you. Otherwise your are professional and want to get more information about the networking field then you have to purchase Networking Maintenance and Troubleshooting Guide. Author of this book is Neal Allen and Bill Shane.

I refer the many books related networking troubleshooting and configuration, but when question rises about the best books for the networking troubleshooting then. I prefer only “troubleshooting internetworks: tools, techniques and protocols by Mark A. Miller. Because this book covers the complexities of the heterogeneous computer network including peer to peer, server based and computer hardware.

According to knowledge for networking many books are available but it is totally depends on you which type of book wants , if you want a book for the basic knowledge of the networking then you have to buy “learn networking in 24 hour”. Otherwise if you want deep knowledge of the networking the you should have to purchase the “ Networking Monitoring and Analysis: A protocol approach to troubleshooting written by Ed Wilson, James Naramore.