Thread: how to change login type in Windows 8.1

how to change login type in Windows 8.1

I am having Windows 8.1 installed in my computer and I have got 3 user accounts setup on my pc that I use for different purpose. If I am turning on the computer then it comes to the lock screen and then I have to unlock it and then have to click back. After that only I am taken to the three accounts. What I want is, just start it up and there should be no lock screen or default account. Can it come to the three accounts so that I only have to click on one? Thanks

Re: how to change login type in Windows 8.1

I guess that this is going to happen when you shutdown your computer and then start it up and it will get 3 accounts for you to choose from. You should note that shutdown is compulsory. If you are just keeping the computer on sleep mode and lock the pc then it is going to default open up the account of last account that you were using. This is what I believe is actually happening for sure in your system.

If you want then you can try to disable lock screen in your Windows 8.1 operating system. To do that, from the start screen type gpedit.msc and press Enter. After that on the left side, click to expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel and open Personalization. After that at the right side of Personalization, click on Do not display the lock screen and then select the Enabled dot and click on Ok. Close the Local Group Policy Editor now.

You can always try to show Last User by using a program called Winaero User List Enabler, just search and download it from the internet. After downloading it, open it by extracting it to your desktop and then unblock and run the UserListEnabler.exe file. After that click on the Enable user list option and then click on the Reset to defaults to show only the last user signed out in Windows 8.1 sign in screen. Hope this helps you out.