Thread: best software to change icons?

best software to change icons?

I am running Windows 7 64bit on my computer and I was searching for a simple software that will let me to change the program icons in Windows 7? Is there anyone who has written such program? I was just doing some timepass and set the Windows Media Player icon as the default icon for .ISO files and now each one of those shows up with that clone. So that is why I am looking to choose a custom icon so that I will not get into trouble this time. Any ideas?

Re: best software to change icons?

You can try to get a free program called as Types from this website link - http://ystr.github.io/apps/types/. It was uploaded first on the Sourceforge website but the developer has made some improvements to this software and so he had removed it from the open source development website. You can use this application to choose a desired icon or custom icon if you want to associate a file type with a particular icon which is not windows default. Hope this helps.

There are many icon packs available for download on the internet. But after installing these icon packs most of the time uninstalling it will not bring the previous default icons in your system. So to change this icons to their default icon you can use many tools available such as the Ribbon Icons Customizer, Library Icons Changer, Tray Icons Changer, W7 Superbar Icon Changer, etc. Above all most of these softwares are free for download as well.

I would not recommend you to use any of these software to change icons because most of these come with different type of adware or malware which makes the PC very slow to work. If you have installed or changed any default icon then you can try to perform a System Restore to solve this issue. Just open System Restore by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7