Thread: after installing Windows 8.1, monitor screen is not filling full screen

after installing Windows 8.1, monitor screen is not filling full screen

I was running Windows 8 on my computer without any problems but recently I did an upgrade to Windows 8.1 latest version and now it is not filling out full screen of my LG monitor. I am using a HDMI connection and have set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 on a desktop computer. I am getting a black bar at each corner of the screen. This was not happening when I was using Windows 8? Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thank you

Re: after installing Windows 8.1, monitor screen is not filling full screen

First of all press Windows key + X and choose Device Manager. After that extend the display adapter and right click on it. Now try to select Properties and check if the device is working properly under Device status. Incase there is any yellow exclamation mark on it then it means that there is some kind of problem with it. You will most probably have to install the latest drivers for your display card or so.

What is the computer specifications that you are using? Incase you have a Radeon graphics card installed in your pc then you will first need to download and install the latest CCC drivers by going to AMD website. After installing it just set the screen resolution of the monitor to 1920 x 1080 and thne go into AMD Catalyst Centre and check that the overscan function might not be greyed out, you will need to max it and everything will be just working fine then.

If the above solution doesnt work then try to press Windows key + X key on your keyboard together when you are at desktop. After that open Device Manager. Now you need to search and double click on Display Driver from the left side and then right click on it and click Uninstall. After that Windows will ask you to confirm the device removal, so just click ok to remove the driver and then reboot your pc. Next time when the pc boots it will automatically download the drivers. Now you can try to set the resolution to max and see if that solves the issue.