Thread: Microsoft Anna alternative for Windows 7

Microsoft Anna alternative for Windows 7

I am looking for an alternative to Microsoft Anna on Windows 7 if it is available somewhere. I have seen on Windows 8 that there are many voices available and you dont really have to replace in the same operating system. So, therefore I want to replace the Windows 7 Microsoft Anna Voice with an English voice of UK or US instead. Can anyone tell me where can I get the other voices or is there any method to change it by editing the registry editor. Thanks for any information.

Re: Microsoft Anna alternative for Windows 7

Which version of Windows 7 you are using, whether 32bit or 64bit? Incase you have installed the 32bit operating system then you can change the 32bit voice using the hidden Control Panel. Click on Start and then in the Search box type C:WindowsSysWOW64SpeechSpeechUXsapi.cpl and then press Enter key. You will get options to select either Microsoft Mary or Microsoft Mike as an additional option. Hope this helps.

You can easily change the Narrator voice in your Windows 7. Open Narrator by clicking the Start button > clicking All Programs > clicking Accessories > clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Narrator. Click Voice Settings, and then make any of the following adjustments:
    1. To select a different voice, click the voice you want to use in the Select Voice box.
    2. For a faster voice, select a number in the Set Speed list. The higher the number, the faster the voice.
    3. For a louder voice, select a number in the Set Volume list. The higher the number, the louder the voice.
    4. For a higher-pitched voice, select a number in the Set Pitch list. The higher the number, the higher the pitch. A higher-pitched voice can make the voice easier for some people to hear.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...Narrator-voice

You can also search for various Free Text to Speech Natural Voices - SAPI 4 & SAPI 5. 2nd Speech Center supports all the Microsoft SAPI4, SAPI5 (Speech Application Programming Interface) compatible text-to-speech voices! Ace Buddy supports all the SAPI4 voices. We have collected most of high-quality free or commercial voices from the Internet for you. They are available for FREE download or buy it from this link - http://www.zero2000.com/free-text-to...al-voices.html