Thread: cannot enable Aero theme in Windows 7

cannot enable Aero theme in Windows 7

I am facing some issues enabling the Windows Aero on my laptop that is running on Windows 7. It used to work fine before. I did a Windows Update and also my graphics card driver update and after that Aero stopped working completely. I have tried a lot of solutions by searching it on the internet but nothing seems to have worked. I even did some registry editing but that didnt do anything. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: cannot enable Aero theme in Windows 7

What all methods have you used so far? You should know that your Windows 7 should be activated completely to use Aero. You should also have a True Color 32 bit set instead of a High Color 16 bit. You will also need to go into the Services and set the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager and Themes to Start and Automatic. You also need to enable the desktop composition and Animate controls and elements inside windows options in Visual Effects.

You can also try to do a repair install of your Windows 7 operating system, follow the below steps:
    1. Turn on your computer, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then turn off your computer.
    2. Restart your computer.
    3. Press any key when prompted to do so, and then follow any instructions that appear.
    4. When the Install Windows page appears, click Install now to begin the installation process or click Repair your computer to access system recovery options.
    5. Follow the instructions.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...sb-flash-drive

First of all you need to open Services. After that scroll down the list and right click on Themes. Go to Properties > General tab and you will see an option that says "Startup type". Just click on it and select Automatic. After that click the start button and hit apply. Now go back to the list again and search for Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager. Right click on it and go to Properties. Now chanfe the Startup Type to Automatic and click the Start button and press Apply. Now close and change your themes accordingly.