Thread: replace Windows search in Windows 7

replace Windows search in Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate on my computer and i am looking to change some functions in it. I wanted to know if there is a way to replace the Windows Search integrated in this OS? Are there any third party Search tools that can be used to install in Windows 7? I have tried searching for a method on if this can be done but there is no where I can find such workarounds. So, if anyone knows whether this is possible or not, please advice me on it. Thank you

Re: replace Windows search in Windows 7

There is a third party software called SearchMyFiles that you can use it as an alternative for Windows Search for files and folders. This tool allows you to search on a word or part of a filename or folder. It also offers many options such as the exclusion of research in a particular folder, the definition of a file size, creation/modification/access and the attributes (read-only, hidden, system, etc.). SearchMyFiles also gives you the opportunity to choose the search depth in subfolders and to stop the search after a predefined number of files found.

You can even try to disable Search Suggestion Popups. As you type in the Search Box, Windows 7 makes suggestions based on past queries by pulling past queries from the Registry. You can disable this in the Local Group Policy by enabling User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Explorer > Turn Off Display Of Recent Search Entries In the Windows Explorer. More information is given here - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...ee633c420481a2

There is another utility called FileLocator that provides the most affordable way to exhaustively search your computer for all your important data. Unlike other search products, FileLocator Pro does not consider too small or insignificant file to review. Pro FileLocator features: - ZIP, RAR, CAB and file search - PDF Search - Word Doc research base - Active Scripting support for the ultimate in personalization Research - LAN/WAN network drives searching (support UNC) - Export search results in text, CSV, HTML or XML - lines close to the text option, etc.