Thread: Windows 8 Explorer background color changing

Windows 8 Explorer background color changing

I am looking for a way to change the background color of Explorer in my Windows 8 operating system. I have tried opening Regedit > Control Panel > Colors. I am not able to understand which value of DWORD I have to set in and which one to change. I am looking for a way to change the color of the explorer to grey so that it does not hurt my eye. So can anyone tell me what is the exact value to be used. I am also looking to change the brightness of Windows 8 on my Acer E1-510. Please help.

Re: Windows 8 Explorer background color changing

There is a workaround to do that. You will have to edit registry editor that contains all settings and config data for windows. So, if you want to change the background color in Windows 8, then first of all run Registry editor, for that click Regedit on the Search box. After that go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then Control Panel. Now you need to click on Colors and go down the list on the right hand side of the screen until you come to a Window. It might be set to 255 255 255 which is usually the RGB code for white. So try to put 200 200 200 and double click on the entry to change it.

You can also do that with the help of a software called WindowBlinds. You can download it easily by searching it from the internet. This is a program to change the GUI of Windows. Developed by Stardock since 1998, it is the most popular component of the software package for Desktop Customization. There is also a separate component as ActiveX/COM , called DirectSkin. A variety of skins available for every taste.

There was a guy who was able to change the background color in many areas and even in the Explorer side. All you need to do is change the 2 registry entries that is commonly documented to your preferred RGB mix. After that save the theme and when you resume from hibernation then run a small program called Win Aero's themeswitcher to get your existing theme back. Normally the background color is lost on resuming unless you reselect the same theme.