Thread: unable to pin anything in Windows 8 Taskbar

unable to pin anything in Windows 8 Taskbar

I have been using Windows 8 on my computer from quite some time and I was able to pin anything on my taskbar and it would stay there. But recently I am not able to pin anything to the taskbar at all. When I try to right click on any program and pin to taskbar then it will not stay on taskbar. Even if I do all the things like snap to taskbar, searc app and pin, etc; but nothing works. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: unable to pin anything in Windows 8 Taskbar

You can easily try to reset and clear all pinned apps on taskbar in your Windows 8 system. All you need to do is click on download the bat file called File_to_Reset_Clear_Apps_Pinned_to_Taskbar from the below attachment and then run it. When it ask for confirmation then tap on Run. After that you will notice that your screen will flicker as explorer is restarted. This way all the pinned apps on your taskbar will be reset and cleared.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If the above solution doesnt work then try to restart Windows Explorer in Windows 8. First of all open Task Manager by pressing the CTRL+Shift+ESC keys. After that click on more details while in any screen in Windows 8. Now click on More details if Task Manager opens this way. Go to Processes tab and choose Windows Explorer and click on Rastart button. Now, Windows Explorer will end task and restart automatically. Once finished then close Task Manager.

There is a program called Pin to 8 which seems to be a software for Windows 8 that can pin anything to the Start Screen or Taskbar in the same operating system. Below are the things you will be able to do with this Pin to 8 software:
    • to pin ANY file regardless of its type;
    • to pin ANY folder;
    • to pin drive;
    • to pin Control Panel items, all them including some hidden like God Mode/All Tasks, Network Connections;
    • to pin Libraries;
    • to pin Shell Objects like Run command, "Show Desktop", Window Switcher;
    • to pin any folders or files with drag and drop. Drop them on application window.

Download it from this link.