Thread: dragging a window auto maximises to full screen

dragging a window auto maximises to full screen

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and if I am dragging a window anywhere on the screen then it will auto maximize to full screen on its own. This is not at all related to Aero Snap that I am using most of the time. The issue is that whenever I open any window then it will automatically maximize to full screen. And when I am dragging that full screen window down my screen to make it smaller then the moment I release the mouse button, it will immediately snap back to full screen, no matter where the mouse is. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: dragging a window auto maximises to full screen

Well, I also dont know about any key to temporary disable that but it can be turned on or off in the Ease of Access settings, but note that if it is turned off then it will disable the window hot keys that are listed below:

•Win+Down - Restore / Minimize
    •Win+Up - Maximize
    •Win+Right - Snap to right
    •Win+Left - Snap to left

You can try to do this by enabling the keyboard actions and disable the mouse actions. So, first of all go to Control Panel > Ease of Access Center. After that go to "Make the mouse easier to use" and check the item "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen. After that go to "Make the Keyboard easier to use" and uncheck the item "Prevent Windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the adge of the screen". Once you have applied the settings, then whenever you will drag the Window to the edge of the screen then it will not be auto-maximize.

I have found out that even if you have checked the option for "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" then it will only apply to the current session if you will note that. So, the proper way that I have found to keep the setting from reverting back is to alter this registry entry - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowArrangementActive.