Thread: unable to change account picture in windows 8

unable to change account picture in windows 8

I have recently upgraded to Windows 8 operating system on my computer. After successfully installing the OS I was trying to get used to it by exploring all the settings. One thing that I have noticed is that if I go to Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC settings and here I am not able to change the lock screen wallpaper. When I click on browse then it will simply freeze. I was also attempting to do the same thing for changing the profile picture but it again freezed. So if anyone has some idea how to fix this it would be helpful. Thanks

Re: unable to change account picture in windows 8

I think that you will have to turn off the lock screen slide show because you might be having only 1 picture and it will stop any error message that you are getting. To do that open PC settings and then click on Lock Screen which is located at the right side on PC and devices on left side. After that click on Lock screen on left side of PC and devices and then on the right side under Slide Show, move the Play a slide show on the lock screen slider to the left to turn it off. When you are done then close this PC settings.

Follow the given steps to change your user account picture in Windows 8. On the start screen click on your user tile at top right corner and then click on Change account picture. After that navigate to and select the folder that contains the image you want to select and then choose the image by clicking on it and then click on Choose image button at the bottom right corner. This is the proper method to change your account picture in Windows 8 computer.

It might be possible that there could be some problem opening the browse screen completely. You can check the part of it which is located below but nothing above it where you need to select the images from. So to fix this, you should try to run sfc /scannow command which might be able to help you out if there is some corrupted or modified system file in your computer. If this problem started happening recently then you can also try to do a system restore using a restore point dated before this problem started.

ThumbsUp Re: unable to change account picture in windows 8

Your Account picture is generally associated with your MS Outlook and you will see it when you logon to your computer and on your Start screen. You can use one of your favorite pics for an account picture or use an app to create & edit one. To change your account picture, please follow the steps mentioned below:
    1) Swipe in from right edge of screen go to the Settings and then click Change PC Settings
    2) Click on the Accounts < Click your account
    3) Pick one option of the following suitable options:

Find a favorite photo. If you want to find a favorite photo to use then, click ‘Browse’. You can navigate to photos on your PC, or to pictures you store on OneDrive. Click a photo to select it, > click Choose Image.

Use an app to create or edit a photo. If you want to use an app to create, find, or edit a photo, click the app you want to use, then follow the on–screen instructions or find a photo. All the apps installed on your PC that can edit or create a photo will be listed here. If you don’t see an app to use, find out how to get one in Getting apps for your PC.

Take a picture or make a video clip. If you want to take a picture or record a video clip, click 'Camera'. Then take a photo, or switch to video mode to make a video clip.