Thread: internet browser lagging due to Windows 7 Aero themes

internet browser lagging due to Windows 7 Aero themes

I normally use Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome on my Windows 7 computer. Whenever I enable Aero Themes then these browsers start to lag after sometime. The problem happens while opening the tabs and then some websites layout becoming laggy and also the scrolling lags. I am able to solve it by minimizing and maximizing but it really irritates alot doing it at alternative period. Switching to Windows Classic theme then this problem disappears. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: internet browser lagging due to Windows 7 Aero themes

Can you tell us what is your computer specifications and if it meets the Aero themes requirement then you should not face this problem. What you can do is, whenever you are getting that problem then try to open Resource Monitor and check if you have excessive CPU or Memory usage. To open Resource Monitor you can try to open Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key on your keyboard and then click on Performance tab or open Resource Monitor to check which app is causing excessive memory usage.

You can also try to change the Visual Effects settings in System Properties and see if that makes any difference. First of all, click on Start Menu and then right click on the Computer button and go to Properties. After that click on the Advanced System Settings at the left side and then go to Advanced tab and Performance section and click on Settings button. Now, select the Let Windows Choose whats best for my computer option and then click apply and ok. Check now whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Try to perform a clean startup in Windows 7 to troubleshoot the problem that you are facing. Click on Start Menu and then in the Search box type msconfig and press Enter. After that go to the General Tab and choose Selective Startup and then uncheck the Load Startup Items box. Now click on Services tab and then check the Hide all Microsoft services box and then click on Disable all button, and then click ok. When you get any prompt then you can click on the Restart button.