Thread: remove Videos folder in the Windows 8.1 Library

remove Videos folder in the Windows 8.1 Library

I have checked that there is a Videos Folder in my Windows 8.1 library and I a trying to remove it permanently because I save all my videos in other drives. Anyways, no matter how many times I delete this folder it will keep coming back again and again. I have also tried to remove it by using the Manage option but it will still reappear after every restart. Is there anyone who can tell me how do I remove this folder once and for all? Thanks for any help.

Re: remove Videos folder in the Windows 8.1 Library

Have you tried to set the library to "Dont show in navigation pane". To do that you need to open File Explorer in your Windows 8 computer. Just right click ok a Library and then click on Properties. After that to hide a library from the navigation pane you can try to right click on a library, for example Documents, in either the navigation pane or else the main Libraries window and then click on Properties. Now you need to simply uncheck the Shown in Navigation Pane Box. Thats it.

If you want to remove a Folder from a Library then you can do it by using the Library Properties. You just have to open File Explorer and right click or press and hold on a library, for intance Music, and then click or tap on Properties. After that click or tap on an Added folder and then click on the Remove Button. Now you need to right click or press and hold on an added folder or drive and then click on Remove. When you are finished doing that, then click on OK.

Well, I guess that you might have installed something as an addons. So if you really want to get rid of the Videos Folder then you can follow these steps. First of all, from the left pane, you have to right click on Videos and goto Properties and then uncheck the "Show in Navigation pane". After that click on Videos and then Remove Button will be activated, just click Remove and apply the settings. Now you need to click on Libraries on the RHS and then right click on Videos and click on Delete.