Thread: How to change location in Weather software on Windows 8

How to change location in Weather software on Windows 8

I have downloaded a weather software gadget and installed it in my Windows 8 computer. But it keeps showing me the weather forecast for some other location. I dont know where the hell is that place and why is it showing some other cities location. I just want this application to show the weather of my location where I live. I am also not able to find how to change location in this application, there doesnt seem to be any option. Can anyone tell me how do I make it proper? Thanks

Re: How to change location in Weather software on Windows 8

First of all go to Start Screen and then click on Weather. The weather apps will open now which will show weather information. Now if you want to show your current location then right click on the Current Location, which is at the bottom right. You can also show weather information about another location by right clicking and selecting Change Home, which is located at the bottom-left and then clik on Add a new Location. Once a Window appears, then enter you location name and click on Add. You will now be able to see the changed location in Weather location.

It is very easy to change the location in Weather applicaton. Just go to Start screen and open Weather app. After that choose the Places Button on the top side of the screen. Now select the Add Place tile, which appears as a plus in a circle. You now have to type a location name like city in the box under Enter location. Afterwards choose the tile for the location you have added and then return to Start Screen. Now choose the Weather tile as well as your added location and then display the app bar. After that choose the Pin to Start Button at the bottom of the screen to add a tile for the current location to the Start screen and then return to the Start Screen. Now just choose the new Weather tile to open the app with that location.

You just have to click on places and then add the new location. After you have added the current location, you can also try to make it the default location and delete the previous default location. You can manage location settings in Windows through the control panel and the Settings charm and on Windows Phone using the location page of the Settings app. For more information, you can visit this page here - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../Hh768219.aspx