Thread: add Windows 8 task manager in Windows 7

add Windows 8 task manager in Windows 7

I have dual-booted my computer with Windows 8 and Windows 7 both operating system. Windows 8 has a very beautiful Task Manager. So I was wondering how can we replace Windows 7 task manager with Windows 8 one? Do we need to hack into the registry or is there any tool to do it? If there are any methods available to achieve this then please let me know about it. It will be highly appreciated if someone knows and tells me how to do this. Thanks

Re: add Windows 8 task manager in Windows 7

There was a guy named Hanrui who has made such Windows 8 Task Manager for Windows 7. You can easily download it from the below links. Note that the application that he has made is not fully stable and you might encounter some. problems when using the program. The best part if that this task manager will not replace the old manager in Windows 7, so you can easily install this application on your pc. The name of this application is called DBCTaskman and you can download it from here.

You can also use the Windows Process Explorer which can replace Windows 7 task manager with it. After that you should click on Options > Replace Task Manager in the Process Explorer and you will get an error message. Then a registry key for task manager will be created with a debugger key which has the garbage value, you can check that at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\taskmgr.exe. Now all you need to do is remove the Debugger key and then open Process Explorer and then try to click on Options > Replace Task Manager which will work properly now.

Thanks for the explanation and files. But there is a problem that I am facing. The column of memory is always showing the zero value. Is there something that can be done with it like for example some windows options? Or if there is another way to do this it will be awesome as well. I think that the reason it is not working for me is because there is an issue with my operating system and its build. Since other proper are not facing this issue so there could be something troublesome.