Thread: changing tiles background color in Windows 8.1 start screen

changing tiles background color in Windows 8.1 start screen

You all know that Windows 8 has a redesigned Start meny which uses the new Modern UI or Metro style which is now called the Start screen. But after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 I have checked that the color of the tiles looks pretty bad, so can anyone tell me how do I change it without hacking around with the regitry or XML files. Is there any solution for this problem? Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: changing tiles background color in Windows 8.1 start screen

You can check the article on "Desktop App Tiles on the Start Screen" from this link - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx which says that the background color of desktop apps Start menu tile is derived from the users chosen background color. So what you ca do is try to change the Start menu's background color and see if that helps. There is also an application called OblyTile which will let you to create cool looking tiles for non modern UI apps.

You can also try a tool called Decor8. With the help of Decor8 you can set any image as the startup screen. The program has a small library of images that can be used as background, however it does not offer the possibility of our favorite pictures as background. What really distinguishes Decor8 with other programs of this type, is the ability to customize the selected image. Using four sliders, you can set options like cast (fade), Blur, Color (apply color to a uniform effect) and contrast. This allows you to match the selected color, even when the image has a lot of color and fonts that would not normally be considered suitable for wallpaper.

I have been using OblyTile and it is working great for me. With this software, you can easily create a tile for any software, shortcut, folder, or Web site. You can customize the name, background color and text and image. The software comes with many preconfigured shortcuts you can easily add to the home screen: shutdown, launch system tools, etc. Above all OblyTile also comes for free without any price. You can easily download it by searching on the internet and install it in your pc.