Thread: disable Italic in Windows 8.1

disable Italic in Windows 8.1

I am running the latest Windows 8.1 operating system in my computer. I am also using some custom font in my pc. The issue that I am facing is that the Italic is not readable at all. I am using the HaxrCorp S8 pixel font and also the best font for all softwares installed. So, can anyone tell me how to change the font globally? Does it require any editing in the Registry? Thanks for providing me any solution for same.

Re: disable Italic in Windows 8.1

What you can do is go to Control Panel and then All Control Panel Items and then click on Fonts. After that at the left side bar click on the Adjust ClearType Text and then checkmark the box for Turn on Cleartype. What it does is that it is a software technology developed by microsoft which improves the readability of the text on existing LCDs, like laptop screens, Pocket PC screens and flat panel monitors. The words on your computer screen look almost as sharp and clear those printed on the paper.

I will recommend you to change the fonts to either Arial or Times New Roman which will correct the text displayed on your computer screen. You can also try to change to Windows Classic Theme as well. Or else you can try to use the below code to disable Italic completely:
    Code:
    * {font-style: normal !important}
    Just try to put it in CSS User Style Sheet. I actually dont know where we are supposed to apply that code in the registry (globally).

You can try to go to Personalization > Windows Colors > Advanced appearance settings and then disable italics. If nothing works then you can try to use System Restore to revert back to a time when everything was normal. To do that follow the below method:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search or else if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.
    2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.
    3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.
    4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

SourcE: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w...fresh-reset-pc