Thread: remove fade effect in windows 7

remove fade effect in windows 7

Hello,

I am looking this for a while now and I am not able to find any information about same. I have searched a lot and it seems that there are no settings to remove the fade effects in Windows 7 by disabling the visual effects. It looks to me that it will need the modification of some system file. Since I dont know which file to modify so I need some assitance on how to do this? If anyone would be able to help me out then it will be great. Thanks

Re: remove fade effect in windows 7

Let me tell you that it is very dangerous to modify any system files since all of those files are digitally signed. In any case, I do not think that it is possible to modify for what you are looking for. If it was possible then you will probably see a blank screen between the login screen and the desktop. Most of the fade out/in is used to cover the windows switching off the login screen and switching on the desktop as what I really know about.

Incase you have checked the box to Turn off all unnecessary animations option in the Ease of Access Center or else if you have unchecked the fade option in the Visual Effects settings then it will remove the fade effect in the desktop slideshow. To turn off all unnecessary animation box, you need to open the Control Panel and then click on the Ease of Access Center and then click on one the options below:
    • Use the computer without a display
    • Make the computer easier to see
    • Make it easier to focus on tasks

Also if you want to turn off all unnecessary animations then check the Turn off all unnecessary animations (when possible) box, and click on OK.

You need to open Control Panel and then click on System icon. After that click on the Advanced System settings link at the left side and then close the Window afterwards. Go to the Advanced Tab and Performance option and then click on the Settings button. Here you will see the Visual Effects settings that you need to select. If you need to manally choose or unselect the Visual Effects then select the Custom option and then check the settings you want and uncheck the settings that you dont want.