Thread: how to delete unsaved Theme in Windows 8.1

how to delete unsaved Theme in Windows 8.1

I am running Windows 8.1 operating system on my pc and whenever I delete a unsaved theme then after every boot it comes back again. I have also tried to save it before deleting it but it will not work as well. The main problem is that if I am trying to put any other themes then it reverts back to the unsaved theme and it is kind of very irritating. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Re: how to delete unsaved Theme in Windows 8.1

When you are on the desktop then open Charms Bar and click on the Settings charm and then click on Personalization. Now click on any theme that you want to switch to. Incase you have a saved or downloaded theme pack then you can double click on it to install and switch to that theme. You can also get more themes online by clicking on the link to download free theme from Microsoft website. After you are done then you can close Personalization if you want.

You can easily delete the unsaved theme that you want. On the desktop you need to open Charms Bar first and then click on Settings charm and then click on Personalization. Now go to My Themes and click on the unsaved theme that you want to delete. You wont be able to delete it if that theme is already selected as your current theme, so first select another theme and then click on the unsaved theme and then click on Delete.

What happens is that if you are making any changes to your theme then it will be shown to you as an unsaved theme. Also, if this same theme is selected to run in the background, then you wont be able to delete the current theme. So in this case you will have to choose another theme before you want to delete the unsaved theme. If your desktop background also changes then it will also cause the same problem because the theme changes every time the background does. Hope this helps