Thread: disable basic theme of Windows 8 for old application

disable basic theme of Windows 8 for old application

Can anyone tell me how do I stop Windows 8 for changing back to basic theme for some old applications like for example Adobe software that I have just reinstalled after buying a new system. When launching the regular Windows 8 theme is applied but when I click the menu then it reverts to the basic theme. Does anyone how how to prevent this? Thanks for any help in advance.

Re: disable basic theme of Windows 8 for old application

Well, you will have to uninstall Adobe CS2 version and installed Adobe CS6 version which is the recommended one for Windows 8. You will also face different problems with various tools in the CS2 software. There is nothing you can do but shell some dollars to get the new recommended version of the software for your Windows 8 operating system. Or else, you can revert back to Windows 7 OS, which is not that old either, to use the CS2.

The main problem is that the new system or hardware and software will easily forget about the old program after some time. Windows 8 doesnt support CS2 completely but if you have got it working already then it is good for you. You can also try to run the CS2 in a virtual machine with an operating system that is fully compatible with CS2, if the Windows 8 basic theme still irritates you.

Have you tried running the Adobe version of the software that you have installed in your computer in Compatibility mode. To do this, uninstall the same version then right click on the adobe.exe file and go to Properties. Now click on the Compatibility tab and then run this program in compatibility mode and tick mark either Windows 7 or any previous operating system given in the list and then try to install the software. Now check if you are still facing the same issue after launching it or not.